Thursday, November 1, 2007

My rite aid rebates

I like to know how much money I save. It helps motivate me to save more! So I'm going to post my rite aid rebate totals because every month an old month's totals drop off.
May was $9
Looks like for shampoo and sunscreen.

June was $5.98
Looks like conditioner and some make-up.

July I missed! Man! I'm not to surprised that's the month we bought our house, moved, its our anniversary month, and my husband's birthday. Plus it took 3 weeks to get our Internet set up.

August was $25.75
looks like 3 conditioners, 1 manly body wash, pens, light bulbs, chewable antacid, toothbrush, mouth wash, air freshener, and duct tape.

September was $18.95
Looks like tooth paste, imodium, mylanta, body heat patch, and calcium pills.

October was $29.22
Looks like toothpaste, stoppain, Zucol, pepcid ac, vicks, cold eeze, lypsyl, and a toothbrush.

November I'm up to $48.52!

I'm not going to list all that stuff because I posted a picture.
All of that adds up to $132.47! My husband and I are thinking about doing something specific with the money from rebates. It tends to get absorbed into our normal spending money but instead I would like to put it into a savings account for something specific. We're not sure what just yet. However we are looking into adoption so we could save for that. We were thinking foster care but we are not sure we could deal with it. Its a wonderful thing to do and I would really love to but my heart is very soft and I'm not sure I can. My Dad is just positive I can't! :) He does not want to see his daughter hurt. But he would support us if we did go through with it. Adoption is very expensive!

No comments: