Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sorry

I have not been around lately! I have had a few out of town guests visit my family. In addition we had one slighly injured kitty who needed vet attention, a sick puppy and a million projects to complete. I'm happy to say dh and i are doing very well with our christmas shopping. Most people are nearly finished, or have ideas to finish them off.

My darling husband accidently created additional work for another division and as i peace offering told them i would make them cookies. While i'm proud that my cookies are a sufficient peace offering, i find it amusing that while making up for creating extra work for them he makes extra work for me. :) I was excited to find a brand new cookie press at the thrift store for $6. However i have no clue as to what kind of cookies to make. The cookie press suggested 'spritz' cookies and i dont think I have ever had any.

On veterans day we found a lot of great treasures everything was half off at the thrift store. I bought several sweaters for $3 each, jeans for $4, a brand new christmas table runner for $1, a christmas wall hanging for $1, a new christmas candle lamp for $3 and a 25 cent christmas place mat. If i remember i will take a few photos to post.

My days are not likely to calm down, i have a ton of presents to wrap, things to bake, and projects to complete. My grandmother lives with my parents and has very few (read none) wants, and no needs. She is very hard to shop for! For one of her gifts i intend to decoupage a tissue cover, and buy her a bunch of tissues. An odd gift, i know. However she uses a ton of tissues but mainly uses toliet paper because its cheaper. Tissues are something she could really use and appreciate. I also intend to make her heating pad 'mittens' but shapped like squares, a neck heating pad, and a big one for her back or bed. I already have diabetic socks, diabetic cream ($19, free after rebate)cute socks, a fuzzy hat, and an adorable stuffed frog couple. I dont know if i have time to sleep! :)

No comments: