Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My $10 gift


I put together a present for each of the ladies that live on our block. They both like to bake. I bought 3 nice spatulas on sale buy 2 get 1 free. It was $6 for 3 so $2 apiece. The jello molds were $3. The napkin ring was clearance marked down to $1. The basket, kitchen towel, oven mit, and glass jar came from the dollar store. That brings the current price of the gift to $10. I intend to fill the jar with a baking mix. I'm not going to count the cost of that as it comes from my kitchen supplies. I would like to add a cute Christmas napkin but if I can not find one for $1 or under I will leave it out. I'm having some problems finding a cute napkin that's not $2-$3. If I don't find a napkin I will probably remove the napkin holder from the gift, it seems a little silly by itself! I could have spent less and not bought the jello molds. However as someone who likes to cook I get such a kick (and a lot of use out of) mine that I wanted to include them.

No comments: