Friday, November 30, 2007

Shopping and money challenge

Money challenge is completely out the window! But I found great buys on fabric storage boxes clearanced at lowes. At Home Depot i bought a clearance tissue cover (ceramic with pretty trim) for .01 cent. That's right folks! Very cool. My salaried dh told me he's making more then .01 cent while talking to me lol. He bought some new things, a palm sander at the pawn shop for $10. Maybe he can finish my $1 coffee table now! He also bought a drain snake, and is hopefully fixing the washer as we speak. Our brand new set is too powerful for the drain and has leaked water everywhere since we bought it. We've been draining the washer into the sink with a hose and that's no fun. It can be a huge mess as well!

I this post at thrifty fun, and it intrigued me. I love the idea of solar power. We bought a set of solar lights for outside, and they are nice but do not produce enough light to be used inside. We looked at bigger lamps at Lowes but they were pretty expensive $44 for two. They have a solar panel that powers regular appliances for $24 but they were out. We're going to look online. He likes the big power cell better because he thinks it will generate more power then the small cells that are on top of the lamps i liked. The lamps with a separate solar cell looked way too outdoorsy to go inside! Were going to look around more, and maybe wait for a sale before we purchase anything.

No comments: