Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween Candy

We did not get a single trick or treater!Not one! Our street is under construction so I am not surprised. We have a big mixing bowl full of candy left so why did I buy another $16 worth of candy? To make candy wreaths from living on a dime with my grandmother. We buy $8 worth of 75% off candy from walgreens. I think 6 bags of that was .50 a bag carmels for baking and candies. They did not have a lot of wrapped candy that didn't look halloweeny so we went to Rite Aid. Their candy was 50% off and we bought another $8 worth there. I'm going to use a coat hanger for the metal part. We also purchased ribbon marked down 70% off for .90 a roll. Its thick ribbon, 2 are green, and one is a deep red that I think will pass for Christmas ribbon. My grandma will be staying for 3 days, and she is not in the best health but mom and i think she will be able to do the wreath. I think it will be fun for both of us.

No comments: