Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fire

Yesterday we dropped off our box to the family who lost everything in the fire. Today I got an email letting us know that withing 12 hours of the first email there was a full house full of furniture listed, and this morning everything was set up. How awesome is that? In fact so much stuff was given that the family has few wants. I think its wonderful how every one pulled together to help one of our own. When we were leaving the house (they were able to get base housing, very lucky) a stranger wanted to know if they were the family who lost everything. When I said yes she said she would bring over items for them as well. When we left stuff there was 3 boxes of things on the porch waiting for them to get home. I saw more when I was jamming the gift card under the door. I might be trusting and it is base housing, but even I don't think its a great plan to leave a $150 gift card sitting on the porch. I love how my mom emailed me right away to tell me she had transfered money for the family. And my sister in law offered a bed just a few hours later. I am very sorry for the family, don't get me wrong. But I'm thrilled to see how everyone comes together and helps.

No comments: