Saturday, December 29, 2007

Michael's deals

My wonderful sister in law bought me an American express gift card to use for a cake decorating class. Exactly what I wanted! :) I'm very excited I think cake decorating will be a useful skill to have. I signed up today, and after some searching and phone calls they figured out what I needed to buy for the class. I wanted to know today because I had a 50% off coupon that expired today, and usually their coupons are for 40% off. Plus I was there and I can always use the coupon from tomorrow's paper on something else. Anyways, I bought the Wilton beginner's box. Normally $20 but i used my coupon. So far its $15 for the first class and $10 for the supplies. The next kit is even more expensive so if its something I enjoy I will watch for another coupon.

Michael's has their Christmas items 50% off. Not the best! I like to wait for bargains till the items are further discounted. Many items are on sale for 50% off right before Christmas anyway. However their pre-made Christmas floral decor was 70% off. I had two years of flower shop in high school so I usually prefer to make my own arrangements. However the wreath I bought was so discounted I could not have made the same wreath for that price. Normally $39.99 I paid $11. I wanted one that had a winter look as opposed to a Christmas wreath because I plan to leave it up in till Its time for the spring wreath.



My class, supplies, and wreath would have cost a whopping $75!
My total was $36 but only $21 of that came out of my pocket because of sister in law's gift. I have $35 left on my gift card and I want to save it for the next course.

No comments: