Thursday, August 28, 2008

New comforter


When dh and I combined stuff we went with his quilt because he loves it. His green quilt. I detest green. I've dealt with it for 5 years. But no longer!!! Our plan is to paint the room purple, we have purple curtains over the windows and a dark brown curtain over the closet. A purple Comforter might be a bit much on top of all of that. I found this comforter at the nex, on clearance. Normally $120, on sale for $60! I had to check with dh first. It's his comforter too! And its over our $50 limit, anything more then that we check with our spouse. He approved it and thankfully it was still there later. I LOVE it! Its so pretty and fluffy. No more tugging the quilt from each other in the middle of the night. Apparently his quilt was only a full, NOT a queen. Last night the cats wouldn't have anything to do with it, they were fighting over the skirt i left on the bed. You can see they've come to terms with the change.



My plan is to give this room a complete makeover.To get rid of the dressers replacing them with a really big and tall one to share. A new night stand on my side, and to paint the one on Dh's side. I'd like to add a comfy lounger and small reading table. Not to mention painting it purple, and replacing the cheapo carpet. If only I had 6 hands.

No comments: